Logistics Director, EU/UK
Who Gives A Crap
Not all heroes wear capes — but plenty of them use toilet paper
Want to challenge yourself at a high-growth startup AND make a difference in the world? Come join the revolootion!
Funny name, serious business
We make eco-friendly products and donate 50% of our profits to provide clean water and help build toilets for the billions of people who lack proper access. So far, we’ve contributed over $11.22 million AUD (roughly $7.5 million USD) to fund sanitation projects around the globe. Basically, we’re really good at doing good.
With hubs in Australia, the Philippines, China, the US, UK and Europe, our amazing team of 200+ work to make the biggest possible impact for people and the planet. Over the next couple of years, we’re hoping to increase our annual donation tenfold to get us closer to our dream of everyone in the world having access to clean water and sanitation services.
A bit about the role
Our global logistics team makes magic happen by delivering much needed toilet paper to customers across North America, Australia, the UK and Europe. For us, it’s more than just about getting boxes from the warehouse to doorstep, it’s about ensuring that we uphold our brand and values at every stage - delightful, reliable, sustainable and socially responsible.
Our UK/EU team have some big things in the works: domesticating production, launching new products, and expanding into new channels (hello retail!), and we are seeking a Director of Logistics (UK/EU) who can jump in and apply their expertise to lead and drive our localised strategies while ensuring they level up to our global priorities.
Reporting to the Head of Supply Chain (UK/EU) and mentoring a Supply Chain Specialist and “Parcel Pusher”, you will ensure our EU/UK logistics function is running efficiently, cost-effectively and with a high quality of service and performance across the board. As we scale, the challenge is making sure we strike the right balance between robustness, cost, sustainability and flexibility at the same time (phew!). With a mountain of projects on the go, we will look to your hands-on as well as strategic abilities to lead and execute them to success.
We’re hiring for this role from anywhere in the UK. Our hybrid hub model means this role will be remote first, though if you’re based in London there’ll be opportunities for some in-person connection and collaboration in a coworking space. As a global company, we’re not immune to the effects of challenging time zones but we look to solve this by flexing our hours with an occasional early start or late finish so there is collaboration “prime time” between hubs.
If you worked here this past month here are some things you might have been involved in
- You presented a clearly defined strategy of the courier and warehouse market for our EU and UK geos to our Exec Leadership team. Outlining the key trends and insights we are seeing in the market, understanding what delights our customers, marrying these up with our internal goals to set a strategy and pipeline of projects for UKEU logistics. Made even better by using an impressive GIF selection throughout to make your message that much more impactful (yep, you love GIFs just as much as we do).
- You collaborated with our Customer Experience Ops experts and Finance team to pinpoint long-term progression of CX metrics and cost analysis for the EU and UK markets for all our sales channels.
- To kick off our review process of our current warehouse partners, you went to market to gather some comparison rates and service offerings for other potential partnerships (you're not one to get too comfy without seeing if other options could be more beneficial for our business and growth!).
- With our courier partners, you researched, selected, and implemented technology that will improve our customer experience
- You've successfully established strong relationships with our warehousing and shipping partners, enough so that you've just received a "kudos" email from our EU warehouse partner after the call you just held with them to educate them about our impact mission and help them feel invested in and aligned with our company goals.
- You briefed our New Product Development team on the regulatory requirements for cross-border transport that we should expect for upcoming product lines, laying down allll the finicky details to ensure we remain in compliance.
- You’ve reviewed the end to end supply routes for our retail and amazon channels, identified cost savings and put in place a project plan and critical path to implement.
- You dug through your closet for the best costume you could find and dressed up for the company-wide Zoom party celebrating the launch of a new product line. You mayyy have won best costume, too, but who's counting right? 😉
Let’s talk about you
We all know there's nothing quite like good-old real-life experience, and it would be awesome if you've been on a similar start-up growth journey before and can bring a deep understanding of direct-to-consumer, wholesale and retail logistics in the EU and UK.
We're looking for a savvy problem-solver who's not afraid to take an independent lead on projects, and who can learn the ins and outs of our business quickly. And of course, someone who jumps at the opportunity to make a big impact through your work.
You build strong, commercially savvy, strategic partnerships
When it comes to building third-party partnerships, you know how to think about the day-to-day process flow, and how to stay friendly yet also ready and able to jump into the commercials. You know how to set meaningful, sustainable and realistic performance measures and targets. Not only have you had experience managing third-party suppliers, but you can also effectively find and select partners in line with business values and goals.
You're focused, disciplined and super organised
You're able to maintain momentum on our big picture goals and projects and also jump into day to day tasks. You take the lead in prioritisation to make big, long scary lists look manageable and less daunting for others. You keep on top of your own work and ensure critical deadlines are met.
You make communication (even across language barriers!) look effortless
You know that seamless communication is everything when it comes to partner management, internal collaboration, and, of course, nailing the customer delivery experience. You bring experience working on global teams and with cross-border logistics and warehouse partners, and you'll go the extra mile to find a translator when you really need it, or jump on an evening call with a teammate in Australia if it means a problem can be solved that much more quickly (and then remember to balance that out with a sleep in!).
You're not afraid to get your hands dirty (in fact, you kinda like it!)
You're comfortable being responsible for the front-line, tactical and day to day operational elements of logistics, as well as the loftier strategic and commercial objectives. You're able to execute effectively and take others along the journey with you through clear planning, great relationships and project management.
You're data and tech obsessed
You understand the power of technology to transform businesses and industries, are confident with finding and deploying new tools and don't take a "that's IT's job" approach to tech. You also love data and can unlock its power to inform yourself and others and make good decisions.
You give a crap
Do you want your work to make the world a better place? Do you want to work with other people who feel the same way? What a coincidence — us too!
Why should you work with us?
First off, as a certified B Corp™, we work to make a difference every day while maintaining the highest standards of social and environmental impact. With our most recent score of 125.5 we’re in very good company with other exceptional B Corps around the world.
We also believe that helping to make the world a better place should be rewarded accordingly – that’s why we offer competitive, market informed salaries, meaningful support towards healthcare for our team around the world, generous paid leave, tailored learning and development opportunities, and free toilet paper (yes, you read that right).
Our engagement surveys (thanks Culture Amp!) tell us that our team is really proud (98%) to work for Who Gives A Crap and, well, we couldn’t be more proud of that.
Have you made it this far?
If you’re still reading, we think there’s a strong chance you might be our kind of person. Here’s the thing, though — research suggests that 60% of women and underrepresented folks might have already talked themselves out of applying. Even if you don’t check every box above, we want to encourage you to introduce yourself. We believe a diversity of perspectives and experiences makes a team stronger — and the stronger our team, the closer we are to delivering toilets and clean water for all.