Account Executive (Go-to-market UK)
This role is a rare opportunity to drive the international expansion of a VC-backed ClimateTech startup.
Trace is looking for a passionate and motivated growth professional with a curious mindset and startup mentality to help us on our mission to enable every business to reach Net Zero. You’ll need a background in direct SME sales, experience in partnerships is a bonus!
- Join the growing, high performing team of a fast growing, VC-backed startup
- Work closely with the two ambitious and collaborative co founders - Cat and Joanna
- Be our third UK employee working alongside co founder Joanna and another sales person to establish Trace’s European presence
- Client facing role that delivers tangible positive climate impact
We are building the most loved climate action platform and community in the world.
We are on a mission to reduce the barriers to net zero! Companies are increasingly looking for ways to show their commitment to combating climate change and attract environmentally conscious customers and talent, but existing solutions are often perceived as too hard and/or too expensive.
Regulation is moving fast and larger corporations are now in a compliance market. This puts pressure on the SME community to follow suit and meet corporations reporting requirements.
Trace enables small to medium enterprises (SMEs) to measure, manage and mitigate the CO2 emissions from their operations and supply chain without the cost of consultants. We leverage technology to redefine the pathway to net zero and make it accessible to companies of any size, in any industry.
We have grown rapidly in Australia and are currently launching in the European market. If you’re thirsty to learn, excited to help companies reach Net Zero and ready for your next challenge, we’d love to hear from you.
- You will be responsible for generating a pipeline of leads and converting leads to hit monthly sales targets
- Closing sales: Converting deals to Trace customers by helping them understand how trace works, and moving them through the sales funnel.
- Using data-driven sales tactics to continuously optimise sales funnel velocity
- Generating top of funnel demand through thought leadership and attending events
- Develop client proposals to clearly communicate how Trace works and the value we bring
- Helping inform the business strategy & development of the Trace product based on feedback from prospects
Successful candidates will
- Have 4+ years experience in B2B sales, preferably selling to SMEs (20-500 employees)
- Have experience across the sales cycle: You can hunt and close!
- Experience selling a product/service in a new segment or market (build your own playbook)
- Ideally have experience selling into professional services, technology, social enterprises and creative agencies
- Have a proven record of meeting sales targets
- Be an excellent communicator and hungry learner: You are curious, empathetic and can successfully help prospects understand the benefits of Trace for their employees, and organisation
- Be genuinely passionate about sustainability and climate
- Have experience using and optimising Hubspot or a similar CRM
- Be flexible, resilient, and creative - this is an agile startup environment with a fair amount of ambiguity!
- Know when and how to work hard and have fun doing it!
- Be able to demonstrate behaviour aligned to our company values: Down to Earth, Breath of Fresh Air, Resourceful, Embrace the Climb and Freedom to Fly
- Be a self starter who thrives in an ambiguous environment. This is a greenfield opportunity where you can make your mark!
What you’ll get from us
- Competitive on target earnings
- Ultimate flexibility - this is a remote role
- Daily interaction with the founders
- Sales coaching and mentoring
- Excellent culture - the founders have been friends for over 7 years and are passionate about building a company that staff love working for
- Opportunity to learn fast and make a real impact
- Regular feedback and mentoring