Director, Market Development (Canada)
Sendle helps small businesses thrive by making parcel delivery simple, reliable and affordable. We’re a B Corp and the first 100% carbon neutral delivery service in Canada, the United States and Australia, where we harness major courier networks to create a delivery service that levels the playing field for small businesses.
We have made huge strides towards our goal of becoming the largest SMB eCommerce courier in the world, moving from a single country operation in Australia to a successful launch and operation in the US and Canada. We also launched major partnerships with eBay, Shopify and Poshmark to better serve our customers.
We are seeking a dynamic, ambitious and commercially-minded Director, Market Development, Canada to spearhead Sendle Canada's expansion efforts. With a proven background in scaling technology platforms, you thrive on fostering growth and development, with a primary focus on cultivating strategic partnerships and building market awareness.
As a self-starter, you will be energized by the prospect of driving our go-to-market activities, creating and nurturing robust connections with key partners to propel Sendle Canada to new heights. Collaboration will be at the core of your approach, seamlessly navigating and aligning with diverse cross-functional stakeholders to achieve ambitious objectives and drive the success of our expansion initiatives.
Reporting to the Managing Director, International, the position is accountable for Canadian market development, and the day-to-day operations of the Canadian business.
What you’ll do
Our Director, Market Development, Canada will work across:
- Growth: utilizing your well-honed business development experience and strong business acumen to identify ways to drive growth via partners and different channels.
- Market Expansion: own the go to market strategy for expansion in Canada, working collaboratively with product, network, marketing and PR to drive results and build awareness
- Collaboration: this role is highly collaborative and hands on, working closely with network, marketing, and product teams to grow our market presence.
- Business acumen: focus on achieving business results, you interpret financial metrics, to guide decision making including setting realistic goals, tracking progress, and making data-driven adjustments to ensure successful market development.
- Strategy: leverage market, competitor, and customer research to build the market roadmap while taking both internal and external stakeholders along for the journey
- Leadership: you will be a champion for the Canadian business within in Sendle and the spokesperson for Sendle in the Canadian market for PR
Let’s talk about you
You will have a deep understanding of eCommerce and small business customer insights, by blending data with the practical considerations of SMB needs. You have the ability to pursue a long-term strategic vision while being flexible to respond to changing market conditions, customer preferences, and industry trends.
The role requires an in-depth blend of marketing, sales, product and people skills and experience. This translates to someone who thrives in a fast paced changing environment, passionate about fostering growth and market development, with a primary focus on cultivating strategic partnerships and building market awareness.
You self-describe as a builder, and have a natural strength in establishing and maintaining commercial relationships and experience in scaling a technology-based business.You are someone who thrives on curiosity, embraces a hands-on approach, and is passionate about leveraging data to inform decision-making and transform ideas into tangible results.
Working in a global organisation, you thrive in a cross-functional environment, no task is too big or too small, you are an exceptional communicator and have strong stakeholder management capabilities.
What matters to us
We believe that our culture is one of our most important assets. We have 5 key values that we look for in every member of our team.
- Humble - We put others first. We embrace and seek feedback from others.
- Honest - We speak gently but frankly. We take ownership of our mistakes and speak the truth.
- Happy - We enjoy the journey. We are optimistic and find opportunities in all things.
- Hungry - We aspire to make a difference. We aim high, step out of our comfort zones and tackle the hard problems.
- High-Performing - We relentlessly deliver. We know the goal and work fearlessly towards it.
- A flexible, digital-first working environment. Candidates based in the Greater Toronto Area will be given preference.
- A remote work allowance to set up your home office
- A generous personal development budget
- Options through participation in Sendle’s ESOP
- Supplemental health plan, life insurance, AD&D and short-term disability coverage
- 20 days PTO, 10 days sick leave, paid national holidays
- RRSP with match
Also, we would like you to know
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
And it’s important to us you know this
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better outcomes. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.
If you want to be a part of something remarkable then we’re excited to hear from you.