Business Development Manager
A bit about us
Sendle is a B Corporation and the first 100% carbon neutral delivery service in the United States, Australia and Canada. We build shipping that is good for the world and help small businesses thrive by making parcel delivery simple, reliable and affordable and doing that by harnessing major courier networks to create a delivery service that levels the playing field for small businesses.
We have made huge strides towards our goal of becoming the largest SMB eCommerce courier in the world, moving from a single country operation in Australia to a successful launch and operation in the US and Canada. This role will be key to our success as we continue to expand into new markets, launch new products, and grow and scale our teams.
A bit about the role
Sendle’s Business Development team works to welcome, convert, and onboard businesses to Sendle. We believe that really fast and personal support inherently makes people happy. A successful candidate will be able to learn our business quickly, be a consistently positive welcome party, and turn tricky questions and tough problems into joyful outcomes that our customers tell their friends about.
The person in this role will be working with customers in the US and Canada and can be located in either of those countries. Sendle is a fully-distributed, remote-first company with team members in Australia, United States, Canada, New Zealand, and the Philippines. For ease of collaboration, candidates located in Pacific, Mountain, and Central time zones will be given priority consideration.
What you'll do
- Communicating with new business accounts to convert them into happy senders
- Building and maintaining a steady pipeline of new business senders
- Working efficiently to prioritize inbound inquiries and outbound sales
- Achieving growth and hitting sales targets
- Thinking about process improvements and smart ways to work efficiently
- Being flexible, adaptable and resilient to change
- Working autonomously within a small, smart team
What you'll need
- To be smart and quick-witted. You’ll also need to be a positive person who is diligent, has a 'never give up’ attitude and loves detail. It's not just the ability to communicate that matters, it is the ability to build rapport, keep track of the details, and get excited about converting an inquiry into a happy account holder.
- To have great communication skills. You can break down complex problems for B2B or small business customers and provide great solutions that meet their needs.
- To enjoy technology and be a quick learner of new software. A consultative approach to sales and SPIN or experience with other customer-centric sales methods is a plus.
- To have an excellent understanding of what makes Sendle a good-fit for both us and our customers. You’ll be excited about converting prospective customers into happy account holders when you find this fit, and you’ll know how to do it.
- You’ll thrive in a fast-paced, changeable environment. You’ll enjoy the minimum viable process (and sometimes have to build a process), and will look for ways to improve, save time and do things smarter.
- If you speak French or Canadian French, or have experience navigating ecommerce, shipping, or logistics in Canada, we're especially interested in getting to know you
What's nice to have
- Fluent in French or French Canadian (written and verbal)
- Experience in shipping, logistics, and/or e-commerce
- Proficiency in tools like Slack, Google Workspace, Trello, Miro, Hubspot, and Zendesk
- Base salary plus incentive structure (target range $70,000 to $90,000 USD depending on experience and skills)
- Remote work flexibility
- 20 PTO Days
- 10 Sick Days
- 12 Company Paid Holidays
- 100% company paid medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k and matching contributions
- Options through participation in Sendle’s ESOP
- Annual personal development budget, family leave, and more
What matters to us
We believe that our culture is one of our most important assets. We have 5 key values that we look for in every member of our team.
- Humble - We put others first. We embrace and seek feedback from others.
- Honest - We speak gently but frankly. We take ownership of our mistakes and speak the truth.
- Happy - We enjoy the journey. We are optimistic and find opportunities in all things.
- Hungry - We aspire to make a difference. We aim high, step out of our comfort zones and solve the hard problems.
- High-Performing - We relentlessly deliver. We know the goal and work fearlessly towards it.
Also, we would like you to know
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
But it’s important to us that you know this
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better outcomes. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it. If you want to be a part of something remarkable then we’re excited to hear from you.