Director of Partnerships, AU
The Director of Partnerships is a key growth role within Sendle. This person will be responsible for establishing, building, and nurturing the relationships with our key e-commerce partners such as eBay, Poshmark and Shopify whilst also identifying new opportunities for growth. This role will report to the Chief Partnerships Officer and they will be a member of the Global Partnerships team.
Partnerships are at the heart of Sendle’s success, so our new Director of Partnerships will play a pivotal role by becoming a trusted advisor to our partners, co-creating marketing activities to grow our partnerships and identifying opportunities to expand Sendle’s shipping solutions.
Sendle is a rapidly growing business with lots of evolving parts that will often require you to get things done for the partner at various operational levels. No task is too big or small for you. A key approach to this role is that once a new partner is onboarded, the nature of engagement shifts from ‘marketing to the partner’ to ‘marketing through the partner’ - you will understand the partner’s strategy and objectives and you will collaborate with Marketing to grow the partner’s business with Sendle and ensure the partner’s long-term success with Sendle.
Our Director of Partnerships will work across:
- Growth: Using your strong business acumen to identify new partners as well as identifying ways to drive growth via existing partners we will be key success factors.
- Collaboration: This role is highly collaborative and hands on, working closely with network, marketing, and product teams to grow and deliver for our existing and potential partners.
- Business acumen: Harnessing internal and external data and insights to identify, engage and negotiate new partnership opportunities while balancing the expectations of existing partners and the Sendle business.
- Strategy: Utilising your well-honed enterprise business development experience to intentionally build the partnerships roadmap while taking both internal and external stakeholders along for the journey.
- Leadership: Support and guide the Partnerships team members; as well as sharing industry insights and knowledge on our key e-commerce and strategic partners to help shape business planning.
Types of projects or initiatives you’ll be working on
At Sendle we are proud to work with partners who also want to change the world of shipping for the better. We are working with some pretty impressive players, like: eBay, Poshmark and Shopify. Plus logistic platform partners like ShipStation, Starshipit and more
- A proven track record of building strong and thriving enterprise-level partner relationships that have been connected to organisational success or regional growth.
- Exceptional storytelling abilities that create enthusiasm - and urgency - for Sendle’s products amongst our existing and prospective partners in the market.
- The ability to produce momentum and alignment in parties and stakeholders with differing – sometimes complex – priorities.
- Highly tuned commercial and contract negotiation skills, including a radar that locates growth opportunities where others can’t!
You might also have
- A passion for and experience in tech startups, shipping logistics, and/or e-commerce.
- Confident proficiency in tools like Hubspot, Tableau, Slack and Notion
- A natural collaborator - you lead by communicating and collaborating in a professional, approachable and effective manner with a diverse range of stakeholders, often serving as a translator to multidisciplinary teams.
- A quick learner - you love learning new things, and quickly figuring out how to do things for the first time.
- An opportunity Farmer - using your deep knowledge of the Australian business market to adapt our existing partnership ways of working into an effective growth engine for Sendle.
- An innate rapport-builder: you regularly tap into your emotional intelligence to empathise with our partners’ needs, metabolising them into our actionable product requirements and priorities.
- A Startupper at heart - You are ok with starting a project or task with incomplete information and resources - including a small team and short deadlines! You also understand that in startups things move and change quickly, so it’s essential to work with resolve while knowing that things could change within a few days.
- Work flexibly in a digital-first environment (with some in-market/partner facetime)
- A generous personal development budget
- Options through participation in Sendle’s ESOP
What matters to us
We believe that our culture is one of our most important assets. We have 5 key values that we look for in every member of our team.
- Humble - We put others first. We embrace and seek feedback from others.
- Honest - We speak gently but frankly. We take ownership of our mistakes and speak the truth.
- Happy - We enjoy the journey. We are optimistic and find opportunities in all things.
- Hungry - We aspire to make a difference. We aim high, step out of our comfort zones and tackle the hard problems.
- High-Performing - We relentlessly deliver. We know the goal and work fearlessly towards it.
Also, we would like you to know
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
And it’s important to us that you know this
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better outcomes. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it. If you want to be a part of something remarkable then we’re excited to hear from you.