Medical Office Assistant
Seer is a market-leading medtech company challenging the status quo of how healthcare is delivered. From our global headquarters in Melbourne, Australia, and our US location in Rochester, MN we are rapidly expanding our team to solve big problems in the healthcare sector.
Seer believes that technology can have a positive impact on healthcare. We’re on a mission to challenge the status quo of healthcare and push the limits of what’s possible when it comes to patient empowerment. By opening access to home monitoring services at scale, we believe we can relieve bottlenecks in the healthcare system, fast-track treatment, improve productivity, and save millions of lives.
Seer has already made a major impact across Australia over the last five years and has now entered the UK and US markets.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity available for a skilled administrator or customer service expert to join our team. We are looking for someone who has excellent attention to detail and can effectively coordinate medical bookings, primarily through phone and email communication. Additionally, this role involves organising resources and equipment to ensure they meet the clinical requirements. The position is based at our New York headquarters.
We are seeking a candidate who is patient and service-oriented, with a strong focus on providing exceptional customer support. The ideal candidate should be self-motivated and enjoy working collaboratively within a team.
In this role, you will:
- Manage outbound/inbound calls to organise and confirm clinic bookings.
- Communicate key information relevant to bookings in a clear and concise manner, with special regard to managing hospital expectations.
- Ensure reports and service summaries are delivered within the required timeframe.
- Coordinate and assign clinical resources (both people and equipment) for each of our clinics.
- Update calendars and internal documents to reflect new and updated bookings.
- Uphold the highest level of customer service, ensuring our patients and partners receive a seamless patient and partner journey
- Respond to all patient and partner queries and concerns in a timely manner, including troubleshooting issues and escalating them in an appropriate manner.
- Maintain data integrity and patient confidentiality at all times.
- Ensuring sufficient inventory is maintained to support business activities and performing routine inventory audits.
- Shipping weekly and monthly replenishment orders of equipment and consumables to Seer’s customers.
- Managing inbound and outbound shipments of equipment and consumables to ensure due dates are met, including picking, packing and maintaining a shipping schedule.
- Receiving and unpacking equipment and consumables, including cleaning and decontamination of equipment returned from patients.
- Maintaining asset management software to provide live visibility on asset movements.
- Scheduling sales orders and shipments in Seer’s ERP system, ensuring all movements of inventory are transacted.
- Providing timely advice of shipping schedules to internal and external stakeholders.
- Developing and maintaining knowledge of customer and regional requirements for distribution.
- Administration qualifications and/or experience in a medical environment.
- Excellent customer service skills, with experience in handling a high volume of calls an advantage.
- A team player, able to work in a collaborative way.
- Have sensitivity, empathy and diplomacy.
- Ability to think on your feet and act proactively.
- Attention to detail combined with the capacity to multi-task and prioritise
- Possess great written and verbal communication skills.
- Commitment to personal learning, development and improvement in pursuit of own performance objectives and those of the team and organisation.
- Working knowledge of Google Docs, Microsoft Office will be an advantage.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and excellent English communication skills, written and verbal.
- An outstanding phone manner.
- The ability to accurately and succinctly document all communications.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- The ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to work flexible hours when needed.
Why choose Seer?
At Seer, we are doing purposeful work solving some of healthcare’s most pressing problems.
- Challenge the status quo. If there’s a better way of getting something done, that’s how we want to do it.
- Improve the lives of patients across the country using our groundbreaking products and technology.
- Be empowered and enabled to do your best work.
- Be treated with respect by your colleagues and peers.
A bit more about us
- As leaders in seizure cycle research, we’ve been awarded a shared US$3 million and a further AU$1m to develop world-first seizure risk forecasting capabilities in our app. This feature is made better for app users through our partnership with Fitbit and Epiminder.
- Patients rate us ‘Excellent’ on Trustpilot as a result of our incredible clinical team.
- Awarded ‘Most Outstanding Patient Innovation’ for 2021 by the Australian Patients Association.
- Ranked #8 on Deloitte’s Tech Fast 50 in 2020 (Australia’s list of fastest-growing technology companies).
- Our drive to improve patient comfort has led to three prestigious design awards across Australia and Europe for our wearable EEG/ECG device, Seer Sense®.
At Seer, we are committed to creating a diverse team whose members help each other to grow. For this reason, we particularly encourage women and people from minority groups to apply.
We know your time is valuable and that finding the right role at the right company is a time-consuming journey. Seer is committed to providing candidates with an engaging, informative, and transparent experience as part of our recruitment process.
One last thing — We uphold and live by our company values every day. If they resonate with you and you are interested in this role, we look forward to reading your application.