Junior Product Support Engineer
Seer is a market-leading medtech company challenging the status quo of how healthcare is delivered. From our global headquarters in Melbourne, Australia, and our US location in Rochester, MN we are rapidly expanding our team to solve big problems in the healthcare sector.
Seer believes that technology can have a positive impact on healthcare. We’re on a mission to challenge the status quo of healthcare and push the limits of what’s possible when it comes to patient empowerment. By opening access to home monitoring services at scale, we believe we can relieve bottlenecks in the healthcare system, fast-track treatment, improve productivity, and save millions of lives.
Seer has already made a major impact across Australia over the last five years and has now entered the UK and US markets.
About the role
The Junior Product Support Engineer provides assistance to our clinical customers by diagnosing and troubleshooting software and hardware problems. They use their knowledge to resolve medical device issues and clinical application errors, mostly via immediate remote support. They are responsible for onboarding customers, integrating Seer’s products with customer networks and maintaining customer relationships. They also conduct corrective and preventive maintenance on Seer equipment, diagnose faults and repair equipment. Site visits may be required in rare circumstances.
The Junior Product Support Engineer interacts with customers and colleagues throughout the US to address inquiries, concerns, and requests escalated internally or directly. They maintain Seer’s assets in the US and ensure sufficient inventory is available to support business activities in the region. They are the go-to person for all US customers and represent the company in every interaction with the customer; as such, they must be well-presented and articulate. A positive, solution-focused engineer with an understanding of the challenges faced by hospital teams is essential for the role.
Ultimately, the product support engineer will be a person our customers trust. They will be relied on to provide timely and accurate solutions to technical and clinical application problems. They will also investigate these problems to find the root cause and then feed this information to the team to highlight potential training or design flaws.
Duties are typically performed remotely during standard business hours. However, the product support engineer may need to travel to the customer's location when required. They may also need to perform reasonable additional hours to ensure customer needs are met.
In this role, you will:
- Own customer issues from notification to resolution, including managing escalations, to deliver the best and most cost-effective solutions.
- Performing remote or in-person assessment of products with suspected faults.
- Research, diagnose, troubleshoot and identify solutions to resolve system issues.
- Present and demonstrate Seer product solutions to clinical staff during events and remotely.
- Oversee installation of Seer’s products and work with the hospital IT team to gain network access.
- Train customers and internal staff, such as clinical technicians, doctors, hospital engineers, product specialists and sales representatives.
- Triage errors from a wide range of systems, including both Seer and third-party software and hardware, using common error-logging tools.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance, testing, hardware updates and firmware upgrades on Seer products.
- Follow standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams.
- Perform routine testing, software updates and firmware upgrades on Seer products.
- Contributing to continuous improvement of products and processes whilst monitoring product performance and reporting customer feedback to management.
- Collect feedback on site and system usage data, such as post-market surveys, testimonials and case studies.
- Maintain documentation of support activity, expenses and an accurate product knowledge base.
- 1-3 years of experience in a similar role is essential.
- Experience with process control in compliance with standards such as ISO13485, MDR and 27001 preferred.
- Experience repairing and maintaining medical devices (desirable).
- Comfortable working inside a Linux shell (desirable).
- Experience working in or around a hospital system (desirable).
- Experience working with ITIL frameworks (desirable).
- Knowledge of any of the following is desirable: Python, TCP/IP, DNS, SSH, NetworkManager, HTTP, WebSockets, systemd, RTSP, ffmpeg, apt, Datadog, Cloudwatch, and common Unix command line tools.
Why choose Seer?
At Seer, we are doing purposeful work solving some of healthcare’s most pressing problems.
- Challenge the status quo. If there’s a better way of getting something done, that’s how we want to do it.
- Improve the lives of patients across the country using our groundbreaking products and technology.
- Be empowered and enabled to do your best work.
- Be treated with respect by your colleagues and peers.
A bit more about us
- As leaders in seizure cycle research, we’ve been awarded a shared US$3 million and a further AU$1m to develop world-first seizure risk forecasting capabilities in our app. This feature is made better for app users through our partnership with Fitbit and Epiminder.
- Patients rate us ‘Excellent’ on Trustpilot as a result of our incredible clinical team.
- Awarded ‘Most Outstanding Patient Innovation’ for 2021 by the Australian Patients Association.
- Ranked #8 on Deloitte’s Tech Fast 50 in 2020 (Australia’s list of fastest-growing technology companies).
- Our drive to improve patient comfort has led to three prestigious design awards across Australia and Europe for our wearable EEG/ECG device, Seer Sense®.
At Seer, we are committed to creating a diverse team whose members help each other to grow. For this reason, we particularly encourage women and people from minority groups to apply.
We know your time is valuable and that finding the right role at the right company is a time-consuming journey. Seer is committed to providing candidates with an engaging, informative, and transparent experience as part of our recruitment process.
One last thing — We uphold and live by our company values every day. If they resonate with you and you are interested in this role, we look forward to reading your application.