Clinical Application Specialist
Seer is a market-leading medtech company challenging the status quo of how healthcare is delivered. From our global headquarters in Melbourne, Australia, and our US location in Rochester, MN we are rapidly expanding our team to solve big problems in the healthcare sector.
Seer believes that technology can have a positive impact on healthcare. We’re on a mission to challenge the status quo of healthcare and push the limits of what’s possible when it comes to patient empowerment. By opening access to home monitoring services at scale, we believe we can relieve bottlenecks in the healthcare system, fast-track treatment, improve productivity, and save millions of lives.
Seer has already made a major impact across Australia over the last five years and has now entered the UK and US markets.
About the role
The Clinical Application Specialist is a vital player in the growth of the US business and a contributor to Seer’s vision of providing technology that can positively impact healthcare and patient outcomes.. The Clinical Application Specialist is a customer-facing role, providing clinical advice and assistance on the usage of Seer products, technology and services to end users. The role is responsible for pre-and post-sales customer support for Seer’s product and technology and their applications. The Clinical Application Specialist provides training, education, and technical support to customers and ensures the system is utilised to its fullest capacity while fostering relationships. The role demands a passion for providing patients with access to better treatment using digitally-enabled pathways and supporting key customers through the adoption of innovative clinical solutions. .The CAS plays a large role in enabling the acceleration of the growth of the company. This is a predominantly field-based role in Rochester or surroundings. Travel is required throughout the US.
In this role, you will:
- Provide product training and demonstrations to customers and potential partners, online and on-site at hospitals
- Provide professional support and technical guidance to end users and healthcare professionals, ensuring they receive accurate advice and assistance
- Provide remote or on-site technical and clinical support to key customers and pilot study sites
- Prepare and conduct in-service training for healthcare personnel ensuring that they are familiar with and confident in using the products and services
- Accompany the sales team on customer visits, providing on-site guidance, support and clinical advice
- Act as the clinical expert in the region and contribute to a positive customer experience
- Support trade show and other marketing activities when required
- Provide customer feedback and features request to the technology team
- Assist in the development of business opportunities and contribute to the sales pipeline
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a neurophysiology/clinical neuroscience role.
- Experience reviewing and reporting extended video-EEG recordings
- Strong clinical and technical troubleshooting skills
- Degree in healthcare, health sciences or medical technology, or equivalent is highly desirable
- Current registrations with ABRET as an R.EEG T
- Comfortable using and adapting to new technologies in different environments.
- Ability to read, digest, evaluate and communicate technical and clinical information
- Strong clinical interpretation skills with respect to epilepsy diagnosis
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
- Strong presentation and training abilities
- Adaptable and comfortable working in a changing environment.
- Strong conflict resolution skills to resolve the issues of customers balanced with demands of the business.
- Highly organised with the ability to multitask
- Emotionally intelligent, capable of building and maintaining strong relationships.
- Entrepreneurial mindset coupled with sound business acumen
- Self-motivated, independent worker who thrives in a geographically dispersed team
- Proactive in identifying and resolving issues and recommending improvements
- Possesses a can-do attitude, crucial as we establish and grow the business
Why choose Seer?
At Seer, we are doing purposeful work solving some of healthcare’s most pressing problems.
- Challenge the status quo. If there’s a better way of getting something done, that’s how we want to do it.
- Improve the lives of patients across the country using our groundbreaking products and technology.
- Be empowered and enabled to do your best work.
- Be treated with respect by your colleagues and peers.
A bit more about us
- As leaders in seizure cycle research, we’ve been awarded a shared US$3 million and a further AU$1m to develop world-first seizure risk forecasting capabilities in our app. This feature is made better for app users through our partnership with Fitbit and Epiminder.
- Patients rate us ‘Excellent’ on Trustpilot as a result of our incredible clinical team.
- Awarded ‘Most Outstanding Patient Innovation’ for 2021 by the Australian Patients Association.
- Ranked #8 on Deloitte’s Tech Fast 50 in 2020 (Australia’s list of fastest-growing technology companies).
- Our drive to improve patient comfort has led to three prestigious design awards across Australia and Europe for our wearable EEG/ECG device, Seer Sense®.
At Seer, we are committed to creating a diverse team whose members help each other to grow. For this reason, we particularly encourage women and people from minority groups to apply.
We know your time is valuable and that finding the right role at the right company is a time-consuming journey. Seer is committed to providing candidates with an engaging, informative, and transparent experience as part of our recruitment process.
One last thing — We uphold and live by our company values every day. If they resonate with you and you are interested in this role, we look forward to reading your application.