Seer is a Melbourne-based medtech company challenging the status quo of how healthcare is delivered. Through award-winning medical devices, mobile apps and software solutions combined with an extensive research and development program, we are shifting the patient centre of care from the hospital to the home.
Our mission is to open up access to brain, heart, and respiratory monitoring that is traditionally only offered through hospitals. We do this by creating medical products and services that transition hospital-based diagnostic testing into the home setting.
We also recognise that healthcare doesn’t stop after testing. Research is at the heart of what we do at Seer, and we’ve been leading the field in understanding seizure cycles and developing a seizure risk forecaster that will change the lives of millions living with uncontrolled epilepsy.
When you join the Seer team, you become part of a tight-knit group driven by purposeful work to make a huge impact in the world.
About the role
We are in need of an experienced Finance Manager to join our growing team. In this role, you will work closely with the Financial Controller to support the day-to-day activities of the finance function. Your responsibilities will include month-end processing, preparing management reports and financial statements, processing journal entries, and reviewing balance sheets and reconciliations. We are seeking someone with strong hands-on accountancy experience; this role will see the successful candidate comfortable working with a lot of manual processes.
This role presents an exciting opportunity for growth, potentially leading to a future leadership position. However, in the short term, we seek an individual passionate about being hands-on with the numbers, as our current focus does not require immediate leadership responsibilities.
In this role, you will:
- Support the Financial Controller with the day-to-day activities of the operational finance function.
- Assist in preparing the financial statements of the entity and the group.
- Prepare and process journal entries.
- Prepare and review reconciliations.
- Assist with the month-end closing and reporting process for the consolidated and stand-alone accounts of the entity and its subsidiaries to meet reporting deadlines.
- Assist with intercompany charges and reconciliations.
- Assist with the calculation, preparation and lodgement of returns for GST, FBT ext.
- Support the Financial Controller during the year-end close process and Audit process.
- Involve contributing to process improvements and identifying inefficiencies in our current process.
- Support in the development of a high-performing team.
- Ad hoc projects.
- Minimum 7 years experience in a similar role - Finance and Management Accounting
- Strong Statutory and reporting skills and solid accounting technical knowledge.
- Proven experience in multi-currency reporting.
- Advanced Excel skills, including graphs, pivot tables, look formulae, etc.
- Xero experience preferred but not essential.
- Comfortable with a dynamic environment.
- CPA/CA qualification.
Why choose Seer?
At Seer, we are working with the best of the best, solving life-changing problems in healthcare.
- Have a unique opportunity to help shape the experience and style of one of Australia’s fastest-growing MedTech companies.
- Join a dynamic company at a time of major growth and international expansion.
- Work on interesting technology and design challenges, doing meaningful work that has an impact on our patients and users.
- Work closely with researchers, translating research and development into immediate real-world impact.
- Be supported with professional development and career growth opportunities.
- Be empowered and enabled to do your best work using cutting edge technology.
- Be part of a collaborative environment where you will be treated with respect by your colleagues and peers.
A bit more about us
- Ranked #8 on Deloitte’s Tech Fast 50 in 2020 (Australia’s list of fastest-growing technology companies).
- Three prestigious design awards across Australia and Europe for our wearable EEG/ECG device, Seer Sense®.
- We’ve been awarded over AU$2 million in government fund grants towards new product innovation, manufacturing, and research in the last two (2) years
- Awarded ‘Most Outstanding Patient Innovation’ for 2021 by the Australian Patients Association.
- Our products and technologies are listed on the Australian Register of Therapeutic Goods, have earned CE accreditation and FDA approval
We know your time is valuable and that finding the right role at the right company is a time-consuming journey. Seer is committed to providing candidates with an engaging, informative, and transparent experience as part of our recruitment process.
One last thing — We uphold and live by our company values every day. If they resonate with you and you are interested in this role, we look forward to reading your application.
Something looks off?