Business Operations Associate
Perx Health is a Digital Care company building the world’s highest engagement programs for daily condition management. We empower people through world-class engagement that leaves no one behind, bridging the intention-action gap with behavioural science and ultimately strengthening the habits for better health. Whether in clinical research or large, real-world programs, Perx is proven to improve health and business outcomes.
We are looking for an Associate to join our Business Operations team to help us scale our business. With a focus on risk & compliance, this role will work with the Head of Operations & Legal to manage all internal compliance processes across Perx, and drive increased effectiveness, efficiency and speed to meet the requirements of our Enterprise customers. You will work cross-functionally to collaborate on projects with our Customer Success, Product and Technology teams and you will have opportunities to dip your toe into special projects unrelated to the risk & compliance. Working at the confluence of fast-moving software, life-saving healthcare and large-scale enterprise, you will be challenged to help our teams continuously exceed the expectations of our customers, program participants and other stakeholders.
This is a twelve-month fixed-term contract in the first instance with the opportunity to extend if successful.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Bringing new ideas, improvements and innovations to life. You'll be instrumental in helping the team to do their best work by ensuring systems are as effective and efficient as possible whilst ensuring at all times that we meet our regulatory requirements.
- This is a generalist role that will support the Business Operations team, as well as picking up special projects, whether in Operations, Business Development or Governance, to help the company expand and scale in Australia and the United States.
- Working closely with the Head of Operations & Legal and CTO to manage our risk and compliance program, ensuring that we are constantly alert to new business risks and upping our compliance, cyber + operational game to stay one step ahead of them.
Within 1 month, you will:
- Hit the ground running to work with our Business Operations team at the heart of the business.
- Quickly get up to speed with the needs of all our stakeholders: our customers and their requirements; our external stakeholders and relevant regulations; plus the expectations and desires of our participants who we exist to serve.
- Meet the entire company and learn the nuts and bolts of our business, and where we’re going so that you are ready to start working cross-functionally.
Within 3 months, you will:
- Get involved in process design & improvement. You’ll keep us as efficient as possible by identifying process improvements and system updates. You will be creative and iterative without compromising on attention to detail.
- Start to work closely with the Technology team and our advisors to ensure that Perx is compliant with policies and regulations, especially relating to our SOC 2 and HIPAA obligations.
- Manage our external specialists, including our regulatory & compliance advisors, to bring the best of their knowledge to bear on a variety of topics and problems.
Within 6 months, you will:
- Take ownership of our business & regulatory compliance. This might include designing and implement team trainings; running our regulatory reporting cadences; reviewing and updating our policies; assisting with our annual audit processes.
- Think ahead on our risk and compliance plans to define an agenda of operational improvements so that we get ahead on implementing best practices.
- Extend beyond your core role by picking up additional projects from the Head of Operations & Legal or the Founders where you can add value and extend your skillsets.
Our ideal candidate has past experience building out their skills in a legal or compliance environment. However, your background is less important than your key skills, which could include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Law or a related discipline, or you’ve had professional experience working in a legal role, e.g. reviewing and managing contracts;
- Experience developing and implementing effective systems, processes and solutions to meet business needs and objectives; you are always curious to find new and better ways to do things;
- You're great at prioritising, juggling projects (and moving them rapidly along) and keeping calm under pressure.
- You have a high ownership mentality and will get stuck into any task, whether it be complicated by ambiguity or regulatory complexity.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and so you are ready to iterate with an 80-20 mindset, adjust plans when required and pick things up quickly.
- You are multi-talented with discipline to do the work while also being an effective communicator and relationship builder both internally and externally.
Perks of working for Perx
- As an early member of our Business Operations team, you will have the opportunity to help optimise current processes. You will work closely with our Head of Operations & Legal, the Founders and other important stakeholders like our Product, Technology and Customer Success teams
- Remote-first, parent friendly & support for flexible working arrangements
- Awesome company-wide retreats every year
- Your own professional development budget for education courses, attending conferences and buying books
- MacBooks for you to do your best work
- Perx team affiliate program - we give our team access to the awesome benefits of Perx which helps us all stay on track with our different health tasks and goals!
But, the real benefit is that at Perx Health, you'll get to do challenging, impactful work with smart and dedicated teammates.
We recognise that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions.