Product Designer (12 month contract, US or AU based)
Our goal at Perx is to empower individuals with chronic health conditions to develop lasting habits that keep them healthy and out of the hospital. We leverage technology, incentives , and gamification strategies to achieve this. Our efforts not only improve the quality of life for our users but also save healthcare organisations thousands of each year by preventing hospital visits.
You’ll be the first Product Designer in the Product team, responsible for designing, developing and owning our mobile and web apps. You’ll have a deep understanding of user experience and a strong connection with our mission. You’ll bring creativity to solve the complex challenges for both the individuals who use our product day-in-day-out and also the healthcare organisations that stand behind them. You’ll also be pivotal in shaping us into a world-class product team.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Designing better ways to onboard new users and better support those already on the Perx App
- Collaborating with other experts in product management and engineering to both create new features and level-up existing capabilities
- Engaging with the existing and prospective participants of our programs to understand and advocate for their needs
- Develop new concepts and influence our product roadmap to deliver on our mission of motivating better health
Within 1 month, you will:
- Dive deep to understand the lived experience of people managing health conditions every day of their lives
- Understand our enterprise customers and their industries
- Meet the entire company and learn the nuts and bolts of our business and where we’re going
Within 3 months, you will:
- Collaborate with our product managers and engineers to deliver your first feature from design to delivery
- Review our app to form your own perspective on what is most important to improve in our existing design, all informed by dozens of conversations with real users and customers
- Sink your teeth into some meatier projects that we have lined up
Within 6 months, you will:
- Own the interface and experience design of our product, and so have pride in your impact on the health of tens of thousands of individuals managing potentially life-threatening conditions
- Have made several major improvements to our software’s aesthetics and usability, and be continually refining a roadmap of further improvements
- Invest in tooling, systems and design infrastructure to empower others in the team to embed best-practice design into their work
- You are proven in product design and user experience design in an agile environment, preferably in mobile apps, the healthcare sector and/or in a high-growth startup context
- You have a portfolio of user interfaces and professional experiences that showcase your inspiration and relentless focus on the user
- You have skills in qualitative user research and rapid prototyping to explore solutions
- You have strong communication skills to enable you to work in a cross-functional team at pace
- A bonus if you have skills in quantitative analysis to inform design and continual improvements
Perks of working for Perx
- Virtual-first, parent-friendly & support for flexible working arrangements. Work from anywhere in the US or Australia.
- Perx Week - our awesome annual company-wide retreat
- Work at a high-growth, venture-backed digital health tech company
- Your own professional development budget for education courses, attending conferences and buying books
- Work closely with our founders and other important stakeholders like our Engineering and Customer Success teams
- As an early member of the product team, you will have the opportunity to help optimize current processes
- Perx team affiliate program - get access to the awesome benefits of Perx, including gift cards, to keep track of your health tasks and goals!
- But the real benefit is that at Perx Health, you'll get to do challenging, impactful work with a brilliant team
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for our positions.