Goterra is a Canberra ag-tech startup company that designs and builds modular infrastructure (MIB) to process food waste using insects. We're looking for an energetic and motivated Service Technician to support our modular waste management unit in Albury, NSW. If you're are looking for interesting hands-on work, and love the idea of working on innovative and ground breaking machinery that is making a real difference in the world, this job could be for you.
The Service Technician will:
- Ensure the continuous operation of Goterra’s waste processing machinery including equipment and vehicles used to process organic (food) waste.
- Conduct planned and reactive mechanical servicing and maintenance of plant and machinery.
- Conduct biological servicing of Modular Biological Unit.
- Remove material contaminants and blockages as needed.
- Undertake fault finding and troubleshooting in response to service issues relating to the flow of material through the waste management system.
- Conduct mechanical, electrical and electronic service inspections and system checks of plant and machinery.
- Manage the input of organic waste into the waste management system, including sorting and removing material contaminants.
- Operate machinery used to manage material flow through the waste management system, such as tractor, forklift, conveyor, depackaging machine, pumps, macerators and Modular Biological Unit (MIB) and PLC / user interface.
- Document service incidents and responses and communicate service status updates to the team.
- Liase with suppliers and contractors, ordering stock and supplies and managing inventory.
- Contribute to the development of operational procedures and protocols.
- Other duties as reasonably required.
- Demonstrated competency and capability for practical mechanical problem solving, and a commitment to developing these skills.
- High level of competence and confidence using hand and power tools.
- The ability and/or aptitude to read and interpret technical documentation, including engineering drawings, technical manuals and specifications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to proactively use communication skills to interact with other members of the Facilities team.
- A positive “can do” attitude and a commitment to working with other members of the team to get the job done.
- The ability to use initiative to perform duties as directed with minimal supervision, while also following instruction and protocol.
- Flexibility and adaptability - this is a fast paced role which requires the ability to quickly adapt to changing requirements.
- The ability to meet the physical requirements of the role, e.g. some lifting up to 20kgs may be required, and the position requires being on your feet for the duration of the shift.
- Digital literacy and skills - a mobile phone and laptop is required to communicate with team members and for task management through the applications Slack and Asana.
- A valid driver’s licence and reliable transport.
- Experience servicing and maintaining mechanical machinery such as engines, pumps, and/or hydraulic systems.
- Experience using PLCs and/or Human Machine Interface for the operation of machinery.
- Experience with troubleshooting and fault finding processes from problem identification through to resolution, including record keeping and reporting.
- Goterra is a leading waste management technology startup that was instrumental in developing national regulation for insect protein production - we’re leading the way in this emerging industry
- Be part of a diverse and multidisciplinary team doing exciting and ground breaking work, alongside people who believe in what they’re doing and are aligned in mission and purpose
- You'll be paid above award rates, with generous conditions including paid maternity leave, welfare packs, leave to volunteer in your community and great learning and development opportunities.
- You'll have the chance to make a real impact on stopping one of the leading causes of climate change, every day. Literally, we’re doing it right now, as you read this
We pride ourselves on being an inclusive organisation and encourage applications from anyone with passion for our mission, particularly women, veterans, people with disability, the LGBTIQ+ community, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds