Executive Assistant and Office Manager
Melbourne, VIC, Australia
Posted on Monday, February 12, 2024
Amber is a new way to buy and sell power, designed for a world powered by renewable energy. We give customers direct access to the real-time wholesale electricity price as it varies every 30 mins and the technology to shift more of their energy usage to the times when cheaper renewables are available in the grid. It’s a cheaper way to buy power, a smarter way to sell power, and the fastest way for Australia to reach 100% renewable energy.
We are growing rapidly and have thousands of customers who love what we are doing and a great product that will play a significant role in driving Australia towards a renewable future. We are backed by Australia’s leading VCs (including Square Peg Capital and Main Sequence Ventures), impact-focused investors and individuals, and most recently by Commonwealth Bank and NRMA.
We’re now at a critical moment in taking the business to real scale as we disrupt a huge market for the better. You’d be a part of a rapidly growing team of over 100, with expertise across energy, technology, marketing, and operations. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and a great culture of people who love coming to work to build a better world.
If this kind of work gets you excited, we'd love to hear from you! Even if you don’t meet 100% of the requirements listed below, we still encourage you to apply. We're open to all backgrounds and encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. We never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
About the role
As an Executive Assistant / Office Manager, you’ll provide executive support to Amber’s CEOs, administrative support to the executive team and day-to-day office management. Reporting directly to the CEO, this is a unique, hands-on role which requires initiative, discretion and attention-to-detail.
This is a hybrid role based in Melbourne. We are open to both full-time and part-time candidates.
- Manage complex calendars, appointments, and scheduling for the CEO, coordinating and organising high-level meetings including logistics, materials, and follow-ups
- Coordinate all travel arrangements including booking meetings and transfers for extensive overseas trips
- Monitor and sort the CEO’s inbox, flagging important items and responding when appropriate
- Act as a liaison between the CEO and internal/external stakeholders, maintaining clear communication
- Prepare and edit documents, presentations, and reports for the CEO and Executive team as needed
- Oversee general office organisation including inventory management, suppliers and facilities, ensuring the space is tidy and welcoming to visitors
- Work closely with Head of People Operations on office-related projects including an office move in 2H 2024
- Organise in-person office events and workplace training (e.g. emergency warden, first aid)
- Manage miscellaneous projects as required for the CEO or Head of People Operations
- Use discretion, confidentiality, and good judgment to handle C-Level matters.
- 2-4 years of experience in EA, administration or project coordination role
- Excellent written, verbal and in-person communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Advanced proficiency with Google applications, Slack and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally, building and maintaining trust with internal stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- High attention to detail.
- Prior experience at an early/growth stage startup
- Prior experience as an executive assistant
- You’re passionate about technology, energy and/or the environment.
- Be part of a growing technology start-up that will shape the future of renewable energy in AU
- Exciting office space in Melbourne Central
- Flexible working hours with provision for regular work-from-home arrangements
- We offset 100% of your carbon footprint for as long as you work with us partnering with Nul
- Equitable gender-neutral parental leave policies
- An external Employee Assistance Plan for mental health support
- Competitive salary and equity
- Annual Learning & Development budget to support your personal growth.
This is a hybrid role based in Melbourne. We are open to both full-time and part-time candidates. We’ve embraced a flexible work-from-home culture with majority of the team spending a few days a week catching up at our office in the CBD when possible. We expect our team to remain Melbourne based and maintain flexibility between the office and WFH.
How to Apply
To apply please submit your CV and a cover letter. In your cover letter, please answer the following questions:
- Why do you want to work at Amber?
- Why does this role interest you?
Our process will generally be as follows:
1. A screening interview
2. A take home case study
3. A panel interview
4. A final chat with a senior member of the Amber team.
We promise to be respectful of your time as an applicant while trying to be as thorough as possible in finding the right fit for our team.