Melbourne, VIC, Australia
Posted on Friday, December 15, 2023
Amber is a new way to buy power, designed for a world powered by renewable energy. We give customers direct access to the real-time wholesale electricity price as it varies every 5 mins. We then provide the technology to shift energy usage to the times when cheaper renewables are available in the grid and export to the grid at times when the price is highest. It’s a cheaper way to buy power and the fastest way for Australia to reach 100% renewable energy. We have thousands of customers who love what we are doing and a great product that will play a significant role in driving Australia towards a renewable future.
We are backed by Australia’s leading VCs (including Square Peg Capital and Main Sequence Ventures), impact-focused investors and individuals, and most recently by Commonwealth Bank. We’re now at a critical moment in taking the business to real scale as we disrupt a huge market for the better. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and a great culture of people who love coming to work to build a better world. You’d be a part of a rapidly growing team of over 70 with expertise across energy, technology, marketing, and operations.
About the role
We’re looking for a generalist product manager who can spread across multiple functions (core product, growth, operations) and help take our product to the next level. You will be a strong strategic thinker who can identify and select opportunities for the team with analytical rigour. You are a stronger executor that can leverage multi-functional teams to take product all the way from ideation to adoption. You’ll be a core member of the product team and work closely with the design, technology, operations and marketing functions.
- Clearly articulate and translate the Amber product vision from the big picture down to the fine details
- Collaborate with the executive team and key stakeholders developing the high level product strategy in line with that vision
- Uncover, investigate, select, and prioritise the highest value product initiatives across your portfolio.
- Be rigorous and quantitative first and foremost, but also exercise intuition and taste
- Support UX group in performing deep research of the product requirements of our customers and stakeholders
- Support engineering in writing or refining specifications, particularly where there are challenging business, market, or regulatory complexities
- Work with the marketing team to drive go-to-market motions
- Build a deep well of domain expertise for the product team
- Learn the energy market inside out
- Drive key reporting initiatives on the performance of our product and the product team itself.
- 3-5 years of experience in product management
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written, verbal and in-person communication skills
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally, building and maintaining trust with internal stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Entrepreneurial spirit that thrives in a fast paced environment, deals well with ambiguity and focuses on driving impact
- High attention to detail.
- Prior experience at an early/growth stage startup
- Strong quantitative background (eg science, engineering)
- You’re passionate about technology, energy and/or the environment.
Nice to haves:
- We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and a great culture of people who love coming to work to build a better world. You’d be a part of a rapidly growing team of over 70 with expertise across energy, technology, marketing, and operations.
- Be part of a growing technology start-up that will shape the future of renewable energy in AU
- Flexible working hours with provision for regular work from home arrangements and a central hub in Melbourne CBD
- We offset 100% of your carbon footprint for as long as you work with us (via Nul)
- Equitable gender-neutral parental leave policies
- An external Employee Assistance Plan for mental health support
- Competitive salary and shares in Amber
- Annual Learning & Development budget to support your personal growth.
How to Apply
Please include your CV and cover letter. Please answer the following questions in your cover letter and submit via the link below:
1. Name one product that you use on a regular basis and enjoy. What are some product features that are really great about it? Why?
2. If you were the product manager of the above product, what improvements would you make to the product? Why?